Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Falling For Fall

So far I am loving every day that has come along this month! Not sure why, exactly, because I have plenty to bitch about, but I am just icing everything over with the fact that it is Autumn, and it's all good.
I have spent the last few days scouring the internet for thrifty recipes, which in turn, has led me to several fantastic food blogs. I can spend hours scrolling through these delicious pages, daydreaming about whipping up the featured recipes in my kitchen. I have a habit of opening several at a time in different tabs, then taking my time and perusing them at my leisure. This brings me to a minor soapbox moment, and what is becoming a HUGE pet peeve for me... Music on blogs.
Here I am, in the relative silence of my home, sipping on a beverage and clicking on links, then suddenly, I am assaulted by a very sudden, and very loud, blast of music. I scramble to find the offending page so that I can silence the player there. Then, a bit shaken, return to my task.
Don't misunderstand me.... I love music. However, I don't necessarily love YOUR music. When I am trying to grasp a new cooking concept, I don't care to have country, Christian, oldies, etc blaring in my face.
After spending months being auditorily (I made that up) raped on Myspace, I finally figured out where to find the option to not let peoples' players begin automatically when I visit their pages. I have yet to figure out how to do that on regular webpages though, short of the mute button, which keeps me from hearing my iTunes when I choose to have it on! I can't win for losing here.
That's it in a nutshell... that is all that was on my mind. So I suppose I will continue with my blog skimming, and brace myself to once again be attacked by Mr. Dean Martin belting out "That's Amore!"

Blessings.

0 comments: