Monday, October 11, 2010

Blog, Revisited

I cannot believe that it has been two years since I posted on this blog! So much has changed in my life since my last post here, and I have to admit I feel a little guilty for neglecting it. I don't know if I have the patience, or rather the attention span, to give a play-by-play of everything that has transpired over the past two years though. Maybe I could just pick back up where I left off...

Outside my window it is dark and way too warm for October!

I am thinking about all the things that I need to do and wondering if I will ever get the hang of prioritizing.

I am thankful for my family.

I am going to eventually get back into my exercise routine. Maybe this time with some precautions that won't have me wincing in pain every time I bend my knees for 6 months!

I am reading Vacation by Jeremy Shipp. Not the sort of book I generally would read, but my uncle sent me a couple of boxes of books. On a side note, he dedicated his latest novella to me for helping him edit!

On my mind... the upcoming holidays, my disappointment in myself for not keeping my weight off and not being able to find a happy medium between eating healthy and eating cheap.

From the classroom: Today we discussed Christopher Columbus... the side that you don't learn in public school. We are also working on a Halloween lapbook and cursive writing. I am very happy with the way school is going this year so far!

From the kitchen: Tonight I made chimichangas... the first I have ever had that didn't come frozen in a bag! Very impressed with them, and they were a hit with everyone!

Around the house: Finally got the Halloween decorations up last week. Working on organizing the pantry and chest freezer. Michael finally got the gate put up and finished outside.

One of my favorite things are cool autumn days & nights! <3

Plans for the rest of the week: Lunch with Mom on Thursday for her birthday. I need to get my hands on a chocolate cake mix and a good recipe for chocolate buttercream icing for her birthday cake.


I am going to make a real effort to get back into blogging. We'll see how it goes!

0 comments: