Friday, May 23, 2008

Diary of a Nauseated White Woman

It feels like it's been forever since I blogged. Another week has flown by, and I am trying to figure out where it went! I haven't been feeling too great the past couple of days--horrible headaches and nausea. I probably have some little bug of some sort, but I will be glad when it passes. I feel like shit, to be honest.

I don't feel like I got a whole lot accomplished this week. I reorganized the kitchen pantry and emptied out the junk drawer and put all my spices in it. I hated reaching over my head to dig for things I couldn't see when cooking, so I am hoping this new arrangement will work better for me. I also organized the cabinets that the spices were in previously. That is pretty much all I got done in the kitchen. I also, finally, finished my father's scrapbook that I had been working on for ages. I was driving myself crazy because I thought I had misplaced a bunch of OLD photos, but it turns out that the few I had in my work area were all that were left. I am debating whether or not to do an additional few pages with myself, my brother, my mom, and my kids. As it stands now, the book consists of the photos that my grandmother put together for my dad several years ago in a "magnetic" album. (you know the type... those sticky pages with the plastic sheet that covers the page) This scrapbook was a true labor of love, and I hope I have done the photos justice. I had very little information, and on some I had no info at all.

Michael threatened to not let me go back to Disney World until I have scrapped the photos from last year's trip, so I am trying to get back into the swing of it again. I still have 3 years' worth of vacations to scrapbook, so I should get busy.

For today though, I think I will just see if I can find something to take for this headache and try to take it easy.

0 comments: