Monday, May 19, 2008

What weekend?

I am blown away by how fast the weekend flew by. Last night, I was thoroughly convinced that it was Saturday night, so I missed the first half of the Desperate Housewives season finale. I bitched about that for a good hour or so. I can always watch it later online, so it isn't a huge deal.
All in all, I enjoyed my too-short weekend. Friday night, I convinced Michael to make ATCs with me. (that is Artistic Trading Cards, fyi) It didn't take long to see that he is one creative boy, and I was slightly envious that his cards were coming out much better than mine! We had fun though, and I was glad to see that he found something he could do with those thousands of photographs he has laying around. Now, if only I can get him into scrapbooking...

Saturday we went and got Kobey's hair cut. The girl that did it kept commenting on how thick his hair was. The operative word there is "was" because she cut the hell out of it. She then applied some sort of wax and asked me to style it the way he wanted it... which basically amounts to what it would look like if your mother was a porcupine and your father a tornado and you habitually slept *on* your head. Yeah, like that... It was cute though, so afterward we went and bought some hair glue so we could replicate it at home.

I guess we basically shopped all day Saturday, which was why it was pretty much erased from my memory yesterday evening. We did, however, pick up a few plants. We had promised Kobey that he could pick some vegetable plants... anything he wanted... to take care of and grow. Well, he had his heart set on carrots and celery. Yeah. *cough* So, um.. since we couldn't find those, his second choice was corn and cucumbers. Yes, I said corn. I am still trying to figure out where the hell I am going to stick 9 cornstalks. The cucumbers I can deal with. I guess we will see. It will kinda be cool if we actually get ears of corn off of these plants.

And yesterday, we literally spent the day working on that eternal fence. This thing has been 3 years in the making because Michael and I are "on again, off again" kind of people. However, I am pleased to announce that all we have left to do now are the gates. Dare I mention that I am not looking forward to this part? I will be glad to have it all done though, so that both of our dogs can run loose in the yard. Lucy, the older Lab, hasn't had that opportunity since we got her over a month ago. She's a runner, and can't be off the leash outside. So I am looking forward to having the fence finished so that poor girl can run and play with Bella, the puppy.

So, that was basically my weekend in a sad little nutshell. Now I get to go do laundry. Yay...

0 comments: